11th Feb – Show Your Love for Local Produce!
Love is in the air so it’s the perfect time to show your love for all things local by shopping at the market this week. Why not share the love and bring a friend! This week we welcome back North Aston Dairy who have been busy re-stocking, and Tiddley Pommes who are hoping to be with us every other week now. We are firing up for the week of love with Chillies2U and adding a good dash of sweet with Chocsford and Brynmoor Conserves. We also welcome back Hempen who are hoping to make the market a weekly regular. Café Asia will be selling a wonderful array of traditional Indian street foods so why not stay for lunch.
Sandy Lane Farm - seasonal, fresh, local organic fruit & veg, lamb & pork
Tiddly Pommes - superb pressed apple juice from local fruit
Willowbrook Organic Farm - organic chicken & lamb, eggs, free range beef & local honey
Jericho Coffee Traders - premium coffee roasted in Jericho & served from a vivid turquoise tuk-tuk
SESI Food & Detergent Filling Station - refilling empty containers for fairtrade, organic dried foods; household detergents & hair-care products
North Aston Dairy - organic local milk, cream, yoghurt, & welfare-friendly rose veal. Ice cream during summer.
Natural Bread Company - handcrafted speciality breads
Mediterranean - lovely falafel, houmous, snacks & sweet treats
Simply Foods 2 Go - Filipino Fusion food
Salad Daze - healthy salads to take away
Blissful Italian - freshly made Italian foods & sweet treats
Naturally Sweet - Refined sugar free treats
Chocsford - handcrafted fair trade chocolates
Chillies2U - locally grown chillies, sauces & marinades
Hempen - Hemp massage & essential oils, Hemp seeds, Hemp seed oil, Hemp-leaf tea
Brynmoor Conserves - award-winning jams, conserves & chutneys
Jason's Book Box - second hand books
Market Café: Café Asia
Indian traditional street foods freshly made to order:
• Samosa chat (homemade samosa with yoghurt & some spice)
• Veg roti roll (homemade wholemeal roti with lentil pakora & mango chutney, fresh spinach leaf & carrot
• Pao vaji (homemade stuffed bun served with homemade veg sauce)
• Full breakfast (toast with mixed beans, lamb sausage & free range egg)
• Freshly baked nan with chapla kebab & salad (organic flour & lamb mince).
And there’s more….
• Veg samosa
• Coconut samosa
• Veg pakora
• Veg square (variety of vegetables, cheese, semolina, etc.)
• Semolina cake with homemade custard & fresh fruit.
• Chocolate bar (chocolate, walnut, egg, flour, coconut, lemon, milk)
• Dates & chocolate energy bar (chocolate, cashew nut, coconut & coconut oil
• Stuffed carrots with honey & mixed nuts
If you’re looking for something interesting to do this Sunday (12th Feb) market regulars, Willowbrook Farm are looking for volunteers to help plant a new hedgerow – they’re providing a free homemade lunch for everyone who joins in. The perfect opportunity to learn about hedge planting, eat wholesome food, and gain an insight into the workings of Willowbrook Farm.
For half term, local company Creation Theatre are running a Dickens Workshop on 16th Feb in partnership with the Museum of Oxford. The sessions will be at the Town Hall from 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm and cost £15 per child. To book call 01865 766266 go to www.creationtheatre.co.uk